Petzl Tikka XP LED Headlamp

I have gave up all my hand lamps and use head lamp instead and this is my all time favourite headlamp.  I sold my Petzl MYO XP for it. Not to say the MYO XP is not good but I felt it did not really suit my usage. It is definitely brighter compare to Tikka XP and uses 3 x AA batteries but heavier and bulkier. 


I needed a lighter headlamp for my traveling needs. Not until a year after the release of MYO XP I think, Petzl introduced the Tikka XP. Immediately I visited the local agent and tried the headlamp and was very pleased. The Tikka XP LED headlamp uses 3 x AAA batteries but I used Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries (my reviews)  instead and till today I do not have any problems. It is very important you DO NOT use Lithium batteries as the output of these batteries are high and it will burn the headlamp circuit out. I will not explain in details of the headlamp as you can view a youtube presentation by G3 which I found. 




There are many headlamps out there but this Tikka XP is a must have. For your home, car, travel anywhere where there is darkness. On top of that Petzl have accessories for it or you can get a headlamp that comes with it and their response to email queries is responsive. Here is Petzl website

  • A single light source that addresses multiple lighting needs:
    - three lighting levels (maximum, optimum, economic)
    - two lighting modes (continuous and flashing)
    - flood beam for sharp proximity lighting (Wide Angle lens)
    - spot beam shines up to 35 meters
    - Boost mode: shines 50 meters for up to 20 seconds
  • Compact and lightweight:
    - single compartment contains LED and batteries
    - weighs less than 100 g including batteries

No comments:

Post a Comment