Garmin Oregon / Colorado Bike Stem Mount

A request from a viewer on this blog. The stem mount came as a gift when I purchased the Oregon 400t. The Garmin Colorado uses the same mount. The bike mount can be mounted either on the bike stem or handlebar up to 1 inch diameter.


As the stem mount is longer than the bike stem, I added a small piece of rubber pad to increase the height. You can use rubber from your damaged inner tyre tube to do that. It also provided a better grip. I did mount on the handlebar but the cable tie was not strong enough to hold the GPS recevier and it would move around. Unlike the eTrex bike mount that uses clamp, it was more sercured and did not have any movement. Even I had relocate my Cateye meter to the handlebar, it too was not very secure. So my best mount option would be on the stem. It would only move slightly side ways but not too obvious.  Maybe I should try a thicker cable ties but then by mounting on the stem it did provide some degree of protection for your GPSr if you are riding off-road.




1 comment:

  1. One of the most amazing bikes i hav ever seen. My company is also planning to manufacture them.

    Dimitri

    Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

    ReplyDelete