Using Garmin GPS 60 automotive windscreen suction mount for Oregon

Currently Garmin do not sell just an automotive mount for Oregon. They come in a package with the car charger which I do not need as I have made one of my own using just a USB cigarette lighter adaptor and a USB cable. I have been trying to figure out how I could use the GPS 60 mount for Oregon and finally I found the solution as simple as ABC.



Garmin GPS60 automotive mount
remove the middle screw and the GPS 60 holder plate
replace using the carabiner clip holder of the Oregon which comes with your receiver
I tried to screw on the upper slot but the screw came too short. Only the lower slot was able the hold the Oregon carabiner clip holder properly.
Another option you can do is to drill a small hole on the Oregon carabiner clip holder and secure it down which I will do it when I have the time.
While using the modified automotive holder, I do not fully click in the Oregon on the holder. As you are aware when the Oregon is fully click on the carabiner clip, it take a slight effort to remove it. I have tested and been using it for 3 months now on most road condition. Never did anytime the Oregon jump out of the automotive holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment